Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Happy 27th anniversary to us! Kevin brought me flowers! And what did we do to celebrate? It was a perfect day for rooftop dining so we went to the Yard and Flagon on Broadway and snagged a table in the sunshine. Then, we were both so exhausted ... it being Friday ... that we both fell asleep in the family room and were out for the count from 8:00 until 11:00. Then we watched a movie and went to bed.

Our colds are still taking the wind out of our sails. While we're much better than we were, we're not out of the woods yet. I'm back to being toast on Friday nights after enjoying a couple of months of uncommon energy and verve. It seems that my cold is trying sneaking back up on me. I think I needed either a stronger/different antibiotic or I needed a 10 day prescription instead of 7. I'll give it a few more days and hope I improve before going back to the doctor.

I laughed at this sign in front of a house on 10th very close to Broadway. It would appear they have trouble with people blocking their driveway. Ha!


I love seeing the life coming back to our yard! Kevin worked in the yard all weekend. I didn't.

I was busy doing more important things like attending Alyssa's bridal shower! She was positively aglow!  It was a perfect day for a garden party!



I caught a ride to the shower with Pat who got a new car! Isn't it cute?  I want one. I really do! It's a Fiat and I had just been telling Kevin it's what I would like. Look at Pat's license plate! If you can't read it in the photo, it says, "I 'heart' CPP". Hilarious! Now that she's retired and about to celebrate a "special birthday", she said the government bought her a new car!

What a beautiful weekend!
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. how lovely! the flowers, the bridal shower, the girls, your Yarden! lovely lovely lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!