- Plant in the appropriate soil. Sunshine Mix #4 or #8 or Pro Mix.
- Plant in a terracotta pot that has a hole in the bottom for drainage. If the pot doesn't have a hole, make one with a dremel. Terracotta is ideal because it soaks up a lot of moisture and succulents need their roots to dry out.
- Through spring and summer, water when the pot becomes dry - about once a week.
- Through spring and summer, fertilize with 20-20-20 each time you water with a ratio of 1 tsp to one watering can. Fertilize less beginning in the fall. In September and October, water once or twice without fertilizer. From November until the end of February, no fertilizer at all. On March 1, start fertilizing every time you water.
- If you see bugs, used "End All".
This garden guide to succulents reminds me that I should replant my succulents every year. I must remember to do that next spring.