Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Small Towns - Where the Fun's at!

I had the great pleasure of attending the annual lawnmower races in White Bear this year.

The bar/restaurant across the street was just hopping, there was a big yard sale, a vintage car show/competition, tire burning (I still don't get the thrill of seeing how long it takes to burn all the rubber off a set of tires), a beer garden, and ... lawnmower races, naturally.

Any excuse for a good time. You can count on rural people to be creative and find ways for everyone to have fun. I can't remember when I last saw so many people and cars in White Bear.

And where else can you look down a back alley (or should I say THE back alley) and see a couple of horses lazing about.

The pretty, little girl is Cindy's neice's daughter who I don't recall ever having met. A very sweet little girl.

And yes, that's my Mom (in red) in the beer garden, in the middle of the action where she most likes to be.

White Bear. YEAH!
Posted by Picasa
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!