Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Butter Chicken! A Winner!

I love it when a new recipe turns out to be fantastic! Often they can be disappointing but this Butter Chicken recipe that I tried tonight turned out to be really, REALLY good! Or at least we thought so. I will definitely be making this one again. If all the ingredients are on hand, it comes together pretty quickly.

My memory being what it is, I couldn't remember how I found it but now that I've looked closer at the recipe, I gather that I must have seen it on Eat, Shrink and Be Merry, a Food Network show. I must have then pulled up the recipe on the internet and emailed it to myself. When I was making it, I wasn't even aware that it was a "healthier version" of Butter Chicken.

If you want to try it yourself, here's the link to the recipe ...

I followed it to the letter. I even stopped at Superstore to buy the recommended Tandoori sauce to cook the chicken in, which I did the day before and then just chopped it up and threw it into the recipe tonight. I tried to find a way out of going to Superstore because it's SO big and a bit of a pain to get to but they didn't have this particular flavour at Extra Foods. So off to Superstore we went. I hardly ever go there. While there, we toured the store. They've changed things a lot since we were last there. We were very impressed with their 2 organic/natural aisles and all the items available there, including refrigerated and frozen goods.

One thing I'll have to remember next time is to NOT cut off a chunk of fresh ginger but leave myself something to hold on to. I now have little nicks and cuts on my knuckles from getting a little too close to my micro-planer.

I am happy to say that I'll be able to have leftover Butter Chicken for lunch tomorrow. I wish we'd cooked extra rice to go with it.

For those who are counting ... probably only me ... that's TWO new recipes tried in the month of January. That exceeds my goal by one.
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!