Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Fabric Therapy

Look what else came in the mail this week! Today, in fact. Isn't it all gorgeous?!

I've long admired that yellow fabric with the white strip and the little sandpiper on it. And same with the red cloud fabric and the red/gold/grey twiggy one beside it.

I got a few more variations of the Sherbet Pips line ... the red circle/squares on white and the scooters and swingers.

The puppies and the four coordinating fabrics on either side of it are ones I've been watching for a while, too. I think it's called Max and Whiskers. I had ordered some of the other fabrics from that line, too, but they were sold out apparently. I'll keep an eye out for the particular ones I'm missing and would still like to have.

I love all of these and have plans for most of it. The blue fabrics are to coordinate with some of the leftovers I have from other quilts.

These were all from the sale section of Del Ray Fabrics. These fat quarters range from $1.50 to $2.50 each. That's less than most dark chocolate bars and much longer lasting. I dare so more satisfying, too.

I intend to use some of these along with other fabrics I already have for the Across the Sea Quilt-A-Long, even if I'm a little late to the game. I might even try it ... verrrryyyy carefully ... on my old beater sewing machine to see if I can get things to match up. If not, I'll just have to wait until I get that new machine.

Now I need to see what other fabrics from my stash these ones will play nicely with.

I'm smiling.

Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. The Across the Sea quilt design looks great. I love all the fabrics you got, and what a fantastic selection you had there. Can't wait to see just what you do with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your fabric selections - you have great taste! That's just another way of saying that I've had my eye on some of those, too! LOL Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for those! What do you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,
    Just love the idea of 'fabric' giving us all enjoyment and comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice selection of fabrics. i hope your machine cooperates and helps you to make a fun quilt!

    happy sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!