So here's what I did. I made another baby quilt! It worked out just right. At first I didn't think of making another one because I had used ALL the critter fabric for the 4 stacks and I didn't have any left to use in the two additional stacks needed to make another quilt. But then I thought, who says I need to use more critter fabric? I had deliberately NOT used ... but cut ... the coordinating fabric with a pink background and little flowers. I avoided it just so that the quilt would be really gender neutral. So, I opted to use that fabric and some of the extra bits and pieces of cut pieces to complete the two addtional stacks necessary to make a second (more girly) baby quilt top. (Click on the photo to see a bigger image). I'm very happy with it. And with all the cutting already having been done and one stack already completed, it was a very quick project. I only have enough little bits of fabric left to, perhaps, make a matching doll's quilt. We'll see if I'm so ambitious.
Of course, just because I have the tops done doesn't mean I can rest on my self satisfied laurels. I now have the challenge of acquiring batting and backing and then coming up with a way that will work to make these tops into actual quilts. Stay tuned. Tonight I hope to buy the fabric for the back and I've already ordered more of the red dot fabric to use for binding.