Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bad News ... Good News ... Sad News ...

Pink Monkey Paws. I like it!!

This week is a real drag, I must say. I'm sure it's this Codeine that's making it so hard for me to stay awake during the day. I just want to curl up in a ball somewhere and go to sleep. Unfortunately, there's no place to do that at work, otherwise I would take a nap while I'm there just so I can function better while I'm awake. I know I'd be more productive if I could just have a short nap.

Being so sleepy wouldn't be so bad if these Tylenol II's with Codeine were otherwise working but I don't feel any difference in my limbs. Nothing. Nada. How discouraging! My doctor told me that if they were going to work, I'd notice the effect right away so I don't think it's a matter of waiting for them to kick in. I'll keep taking them until tomorrow afternoon and then I'll stop. I can't drink alcohol while taking them and since they're not working anyway, I plan on having some summer drinks at the lake this weekend! I can't wait to be at the lake with good friends ... the Rider game ... water ... boats ... fishing ... cards ... fires ... good food ... laughs. And drinks!!

More good news is that we finally have a dishwasher again after being without for a couple of months. It was delivered last night and I had a load of dishes saved up for it. What a difference from the old one! It came with a couple of parts that we can't identify and there's nothing in the manual about them. I'll post a photo in the hope that someone out there can tell me what they're for.

Some VERY sad news is that our pal, Otto, died. He was hit by a vehicle at the farm ... probably while chasing a rabbit or some other critter. He wasn't a car chaser. We are all MOST sad. He was the only pet (besides fish) in the family. We're all going to miss him so much, but Darrel and Lynn especially will. RIP, Otto.
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Looks as if those parts hang over one of the racks inside for some purpose that I can't quite tell. Just a wild guess from the hook-like appendages on one side.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!