Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kathy and Ricardo

It seems that visitors to our house have to have their photo taken with 3D glasses on. I think they look so funny!

Kathy and Ricardo came for fish tacos on Thursday ... the night before Ricardo had to fly back to Costa Rica. Ricardo made a Costa Rican dish for us. I can't remember what it was called but it's their version of french fries but using very green plantains instead of potatoes. The process was so interesting! I wish I'd thought to take some photos but we were all so busy doing kitchen things ... slicing and dicing and making a VAT of guacamole ... that I totally forgot to take pictures. If anyone wants to know what to get Kathy for Christmas, she was quite gaga over my "slap-chop". Mine's not a slap chop, per se. Mine is the one from The Pampered Chef and I love it. I've had it for several years and it's still going strong. Kathy shares my sensitivity to onions for which the slap chop is very handy.

Kathy just completed her Education degree. Another graduate in the family! She's going to spend her summer working on the ship (Royal Carribean - the one that sails out of New Jersey) and see if she can line up a teaching job here or near here for next fall. She'll be a GREAT teacher! Ricardo plans on visiting here again in the fall. I'm looking forward to some time in the kitchen with Ricardo. I would love to learn some more about Costa Rican cooking.
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!