Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Won Something Awesome!

And that would be this package of super quilting treasures! Needles, cute pins, beautiful threads, a lovely charm pack of Freebird fabric (one I almost bought for myself when I was in Paducah a few years ago) and ... what I most love and needed ... this very sweet pincushion! Isn't it cute? I just love it. Such a simple, little thing, yet je adore!

I won all of this from Catherine Watts of The Sewing Attic, which is ever so far away in Whangamata, New Zealand! How cool is that?! Thank you so much, Catherine! I was so very excited to find this package in my mailbox after work today!

I won this just in time to get back to work on the quilting of this baby quilt.

I'm visualizing the colours of this Freebird fabric in our family room, maybe with some dark brown fabric for background? Maybe some dark brown super-soft minky fabric for the back? Our family room is mostly chocolate brown and reds while golden yellow and green are the main colours of adjoining rooms. It's such a good match for our home!

And yet ... and yet ... I might make it up for a quilt to give to the cancer centre. Or, maybe I'll use THIS fabric for my family room quilt and use another charm pack for a cancer centre quilt. We'll see. Either way, I have several other projects to get at first. It's hard to be patient. 

Here, by the way, is a photo of my old pincushion and my new pincushion. See why I'm so excited?!! Sorry, Mom, but I'm happy to be done with this sponge!

On a not so exciting note, my right wrist started hurting again yesterday afternoon. It's gotten progressively worse today and this afternoon my left wrist started hurting similarly, too. My fingers in general are extra achy today, too, and a little swollen. The one ring I started wearing again is very tight today. I don't like this. I'll see how hand quilting goes tonight.

Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. So pleased to see my package has safely made it to your home. My goodness you really needed that pincushion didn't you! I shall be looking forward to see what you end up making with the charm pack! No pressure now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely package of goodies! I hope your hand(s) and fingers are not causing you too much pain!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!