Nonetheless, away it will go in the mail. I just have to add a label. I think I'll write right on the quilt on the cream coloured sashing.
I was able to finish the binding because after another last ditch effort to get my machine working before hauling it into the repair shop, I did get it working. Well, kind of. Actually there's still something not quite right and I'm most frustrated with it. You might not have noticed in the photos right away that the quilt doesn't want to lie flat. It wants to curl a bit. That's because my machine is stitching with uneven tension. It's gathering the fabric just slightly on the underside which pulls things a bit wonky.
I have declared that I can not wait until next year to get a new machine. I have sewing to do NOW. I started sewing on the quilt for Robert today and right away I'm having trouble with the slight gathering my machine wants to do on the underside of seams. It pulls things crazy. If it does that on one little square, multiply that wonkiness by several squares and you get one great big unhappy mess. Not gonna do it. New machine. Now. **I just stamped my foot**.