Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Carcinoma Be Gone!

At 7:45 this morning, the basal cell carcinoma on my upper back that was freaking me out a bit was REMOVED! Gone! At last!! The only thing that hurt was the needles for the freezing. After that, it was more like chatting with Van while getting my hair cut. My Doc and I just chatted away the time talking about traveling and kids. Then, lickity split, it was done and I was on my way feeling just fine ... except quite tired from getting up so early.

I had a troublesome memory blip at the hospital. At admitting, the registration nurse gave me a red wrist band because I "have an allergy". At the time I recall thinking, "I can't remember the name of what I'm allergic to", which didn't trouble me until I got to the Outpatients desk and the nurse there asked me what I'm allergic to and I had to tell her I couldn't remember, which sure sounds stupid!! For the life of me, I couldn't think of what it might be. Argh!!

All was fine at work until around 2:00. I don't know if that's when the freezing came out or if the bandage got stuck against the wound and was pulling painfully. At any rate, I struggled increasingly after 2:00. And, silly me, I didn't think to take any Tylenol to work. So I came home about half an hour early and I've taken some Tylenol ... just waiting for it to kick in. And when I was opening the Tylenol bottle, I finally remembered that it's Advil that I'm allergic to. I just needed a trigger, I guess. Sheesh. I can't even count how many times I've had to explain to medical people my allergic response to Advil over the past couple of years so to forget it is very disturbing.

When Kevin gets home, I'll have him peel back the bandage ... gently ... to make sure it's not stuck.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!