Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Central Park with Bob and Betty

By the time we got to Central Park, Kevin's and my feet were a little tired and the wind had picked up. We were a bit chilled and we didn't have a lot of time. Hiking around Central Park at the time might not have been so pleasant considering its size and the chill in the air. The horses and buggies were all lined up at the entrance to the park and so I asked the driver at the front of the line about the cost and such and while Kevin and Hannah were talking it over, I asked the driver what his horse's name was. He said, "Betty". "What's your name?" I asked. "Bob", he said. Betty and Bob ... my parents' names! How crazy is that?! It was a sign and so we happily climbed into the carriage, pulled a warm, furry blanket over our laps and enjoyed the ride. It was perfect!

I can see that Central Park would be especially pretty with leaves on the trees. Another time I'd like to spend more time walking through the sculpture garden where there are many sculptures of well-known literary figures.




Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!