Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The 21c Hotel in Louisville

Kevin read about this hotel/modern art gallery in an On Flight magazine. It was AMAZING! I can't believe I didn't see anything about it in the travel information I read about Louisville. Here's the link. It's a 5 star hotel.

It's across the street from the Arts and Crafts Museum and the Science Centre in downtown Louisville and a block down from the Louisville Slugger factory. It's easily distinguishable by the red penguins. When Kevin saw those he remembered the article he'd read so we walked across the street to check it out. The Red Penguins are a Permanent Installment by the Cracking Art Group Plastic, edition of 200. 47 x 19 x 18 inches. Go here if you want to learn more about them.

IT WAS FABULOUS!! In fact, aside from my quilt day, it was probably the most impacting thing I've seen in Louisville. It made my brain tingle. I LOVED IT!

I saw the works of some artists I've only ever seen in books and magazines and the works of artists unfamiliar to me, too. Did I say how much I LOVED it?! It makes your imagination go ziiiiing!

About the hotel ...

"21c Museum Hotel is more than just a place to spend the night – it's a 90-room boutique hotel, contemporary art museum, award-winning restaurant and cultural civic center nestled in the heart of Museum Row in historic downtown Louisville. With over 5000 square feet of art-filled meeting and event space, 21c guests enjoy authentic Southern hospitality and accessible luxury while exploring the work of contemporary artists in America's only museum dedicated solely to art of the 21st Century. Applauded by Travel & Leisure Magazine as "one of the most ambitious unions of art and hospitality ever undertaken," and hailed by The New York Times as "an innovative concept with strong execution and prompt and enthusiastic service," come meet the infamous Red Penguins and discover how 21c Museum Hotel is redefining the art of hospitality."



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!