Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's All Coming Back To Me!

And here's my whole yummy plate! There was a lot of food. We ate it ALL!

Coco and Kevin had a little pre-dinner chat on the deck.

And then, after dinner we sat on the deck again and watched all the birds flying from the dump to the weir! It was magical! And then, someone had to mention "Rock Sugar", which, if you don't know already, is a Karaoke establishment in Bedford Square on Broadway ... and Erin IS the Karaoke Queen and she had never been to Rock Sugar.

From there my lips ... and camera ... have been threateningly sealed ... but I can say we had a great time and that even our two most reticent participants (one we got one of them out of the trunk) turned out to be TOTAL ROCK STARS!  Elvis Presley's "Suspicious Minds" was a big hit in our private Karaoke room.  If you haven't been, I tell you it's total freedom for even the worst singers to sing loudly and badly with complete approval ... and not just approval ... encouragement! It's SO fun!

Things got a little silly, of course, and we laughed so much! 

The best part of the whole day for me was feeling "almost normal" (sorry, Norma, I know how sensitive you are about the term).  The idea of "almost normal" crossed my mind on Friday afternoon at work when I was feeling as close to "me" as I've felt for a long time ... in my head and in my being.  Then, yesterday, I was feeling that way again. If I ignore my struggle getting out of chairs and in and out of cars and the occasional limping and sore shoulders ... and if I don't pass by any mirrors ... I otherwise have felt quite "normal" for the past couple of days and that makes me so happy!  To be able to have fun with everyone last night was SO great! It seems like it's been so long since I've been able to stay awake late at night and just have a great, silly, time.  And today I'm going to take things very easy just so I don't jinx this feeling.  Of course, I intend to start back on my Tamoxifen on Monday night (it being 2 weeks since I went off of it) and that might have some impact on this lightness of spirit ... but maybe not.  Maybe not.

I so needed a night of fun. You can't imagine!!

I was sorry to have missed the rest of Alexa's dancing, but I know I'll be able to catch more of it at her year end recital. Keep it up, lucky toes!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!