Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gaining Back a Bit of Lost Ground

I feel a bit better today.  Not a lot better, but a bit.

I certainly slept better last night, Amen for that!  I was pretty sore in my shoulders and left arm when I went to bed.  I even had trouble holding my book. The weight of it made my arm hurt. It's not some tome ... just a small paperback!  Misery!!  I took my Wobenzym at 1:30 a.m. and then slept.  I woke at 5:00 and my first thought was, "DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE!" I couldn't feel any pain and I was afraid to move. I didn't want to lose that feeling. But, nature was screaming at me so I had to move. Still, I was able to settle again and I wasn't in as much discomfort as I had been the last couple of nights.  So that was a good thing.

I'm not as sore today through my shoulders but my left arm is still more sore. My fingers and legs were also more stiff than usual today. I had a slow start again today but had a good work day once I got there.  And once I get going on a work project, I don't want to go home, so I stayed later than usual ... until I noticed that I really was getting tired and that I should go home and eat something. Still, aside from a bit of discomfort, I was able to ignore it while working for the most part.

I remembered to take my Tamoxifen last night so here I go ... back on estrogen killing drugs.  We'll see how it goes.

It was such a BEAUTIFUL day!  I opened the sun roof on the car and enjoyed the fresh, warm air on the way to and from work. The forecast is for more beautiful weather for the next couple of days. Paradise!!

Happy Birthday to the Queen and Carol!
 I hope you had a HAPPY day!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Hey :)

    So nice to hear that you had a little better time of it yesterday and to top it off got to enjoy some sunshine & fresh air!

    I haven't checked in for a while - sorry about that. We've had company for the last couple of weeks so days and evenings are busy.

    Well, exam time for our guys starts tomorrow. That and two more lax games. Definitely lots going on! Very soon now they'll be done and on their way home. Dont know about you but I am counting sleeps.

    Hope your days continue to improve .. love to you and Kevin xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen!

    I, too, am counting sleeps! One week and they're home! What a lot they have to deal with this week, though! Studying, exams, packing, an away game, farewell parties ... cleaning up their dorm rooms (yeah, right).

    Hope you're enjoying spring on the island! I don't know what the weather has been like there but it's been quite lovely here for the most part. Nice weather does a lot of good for the soul.

    Take care and thanks for stopping in!

    By the way, did I see something about you joining a women's lacrosse team?!!

    xoxo from our fam to yours!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!