Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Weight Loss Progress

Here's my weight loss accountability report from Wednesday. If you recall, I didn't lose (but didn't gain) a week ago Wednesday. I held at a steady 10 pounds lost. I was okay with that. As long as I'm not gaining, I can mentally manage a holding pattern for a little while. A LITTLE while.

So I was very happy to have lost just a little over 1 pound this Wednesday. While to lose this slowly could seem discouraging, I find that visualizing helps. If I think of a pound lost as a pound of butter, that seems like quite a bit to have lost from my body. Even half a pound seems substantial. Imagine 11 pounds of butter being scraped off my body! That seems like a lot, doesn't it? Kind of gross, but a lot in 5 weeks, don't you think?

Anyway, seeing it that way helps me. I expect losing weight from now on will be a real struggle. I'm so glad I lost quickly that first week just to give me a boost of encouragement. I don't know how much is just me or how much is the Tamoxifen, which I'm told will make it "difficult to maintain my weight". For now I'm still feeling determined. I just hope I can hold on to that determination for as long as it takes to get at least modestly close to where I think I should be.
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!