They're very easy. Here's the recipe.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1.5 cups (or one pkg) of dried cranberries
- 6 cups course, dry bread crumbs
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 2-3 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 large eggs, fork-beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup melted margerine or butter
- Saute onion and celery in cooking oil until onion is soft and clear.
- Combine next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and water. Stir.
- Add onion mixture. Mix well.
- Shape into 10 to 12 balls (about 1/2 cup each) and arrange in a single layer in a baking dish or on a baking sheet.
Drizzle melted butter over all. Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden.
In case you're wondering, I totally blew my diet tonight! TOTALLY! Right down to mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pumpkin pie! But, not regrets. It was sooooo good! I'll get back on track tomorrow. I'm very sure I didn't exercise enough today to wear off the extra calories I consumed. Meh.
They can be made ahead, chilled, and baked the next day.