Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

I Have Much to Share ... Later

These flowers are from the bouquet that Sylvia delivered for my breakfast table on the day of the Run for the Cure earlier this month. The roses have faded but the carnations still look lovely!

I've had a very busy couple of days. Thursday was difficult. I attended the memorial for my friend Alanna's husband, Ron. The whole thing was a truly lovely tribute to the man and true to he and Alanna and their boys. People were asked to wear sport jerseys -- very fitting for such an athlete. My heart aches for Alanna and the boys.

When I was reading the paper Thursday morning, an article about an "Inspired Health" workshop caught my eye. The article described a full day session right here in Saskatoon about nutrition, supplements, vitamins, exercise and alternative therapies for people living with cancer. It sounded exactly like what I'd been expecting/hoping would have been provided by our Cancer Centre (but wasn't, of course ... not even a little bit). I picked up the phone immediately and dialed the 1-800 number that was provided. I didn't realize that the workshop was TODAY until I got a return call saying as much. I felt it was so important to attend, I jumped at the chance and so I spent my day at Queen's House instead of at work. It was worth it. It was VERY worth it. I so wish I'd had an opportunity to acquire all of this information earlier in my "cancer journey" (as it seems to be called). Even with all of the research I've done, I still have so many questions, doubts, and confusion about many things. This answered so much of that. Over the next while, as I go through the rest of the materials that were provided and that I haven't looked at yet, I'll share some of what I learned. Somebody, at least, might be interested to know some of the ways we can improve our chances of avoiding cancer or preventing it's recurrence.

Right now, though, I'm exhausted!!
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!