Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Classy Chicken Recipe

This is our family's favourite meal. My kids love it. Last night I had enough leftovers to fill a casserole dish that would normally feed 4 of us. This morning the dish was empty. Luke ate it for his late night snack. ALL of it! OMG!! I never did get a photo of it! Next time.

Here's the link to the recipe at the Best of Bridge website. You can read the reviews and some variations. I have variations of my own. I'll include them with the recipe here.

Classy Chicken
(B of B - The Best of the Best, Vol. 1: Page 215 and B of B - Winners: Page 85)

Ingredients:

  • 3 chicken breasts, skinned & boned
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 3 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 - 10 oz. (280 g) pkg. frozen asparagus or broccoli (I use a mix of fresh broccoli and cauliflower)
  • 1 - 10 oz. (284 ml) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp. curry powder (I use about 3 tsp or more of hot curry powder - the 1 tsp provides so little curry flavour, I wonder if anyone would even guess it's curry.)
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1/2 - 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I don't use any cheese - it tastes cheesy without it!)

Instructions:

  1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with pepper. Saute quickly in oil over medium heat just until opaque (don't overcook - the chicken will get tough! Drain.
  2. Cook asparagus or broccoli until crunchy. Drain and arrange in bottom of buttered casserole. Place chicken on top.
  3. Mix together soup, mayonnaise, curry and lemon juice and pour over chicken.
  4. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake, uncovered, at 350F (180C) for 30-35 minutes.
  5. Serves 6
This can be assembled ahead of time, refrigerated or frozen, and cooked later.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!