Here's the link to the recipe at the Best of Bridge website. You can read the reviews and some variations. I have variations of my own. I'll include them with the recipe here.
(B of B - The Best of the Best, Vol. 1: Page 215 and B of B - Winners: Page 85)
- 3 chicken breasts, skinned & boned
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 - 10 oz. (280 g) pkg. frozen asparagus or broccoli (I use a mix of fresh broccoli and cauliflower)
- 1 - 10 oz. (284 ml) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. curry powder (I use about 3 tsp or more of hot curry powder - the 1 tsp provides so little curry flavour, I wonder if anyone would even guess it's curry.)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 - 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I don't use any cheese - it tastes cheesy without it!)
This can be assembled ahead of time, refrigerated or frozen, and cooked later.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with pepper. Saute quickly in oil over medium heat just until opaque (don't overcook - the chicken will get tough! Drain.
- Cook asparagus or broccoli until crunchy. Drain and arrange in bottom of buttered casserole. Place chicken on top.
- Mix together soup, mayonnaise, curry and lemon juice and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake, uncovered, at 350F (180C) for 30-35 minutes.
- Serves 6