Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Pain is Lifting. Sweet Relief!!!

Finally. Some relief!! I think the antibiotic started doing its magic this evening.

When I woke up this morning, my mouth was more painful than it had been the previous two mornings but not nearly as bad as the previous two evenings. I dedicated my day to taking morphine BEFORE things got worse. The pain stayed pretty consistently "uncomfortable" for the whole day but around 7:00 tonight, it started lifting.

Not only is there less pain, but I'm less dizzy, my hearing is improved (it doesn't sound like I'm underwater anymore), my throat isn't sore, and I can talk and eat better. YEAH!! It's good things are feeling improved before I get that tooth yanked tomorrow morning.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your emails and calls, everyone! Your sympathy is much appreciated. Lori even had a tip for me that I was going to try if the pain got worse again tonight. She suggested packing my tooth with minced garlic. I've never heard of that before but I would have tried pretty much anything over this past week if I thought it might bring some relief. Thanks for the tip, Lori, but I suspect I'm going to make it to tomorrow morning's appointment without any further painful flare-ups. I'll put that tip in my back pocket for future reference.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!