Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

We're Not In Kentucky Anymore ...

... though the weather almost has me fooled! How wonderful to come home to such warm temperatures, which aren't that different than in Louisville!

It felt like a very long day yesterday, most of it spent in airports. I hate airports. I'm not afraid of flying, but I don't like it much. I find it uncomfortable, cramped, often overly air-conditioned in both the planes and the airports ... a lot of waiting ... a lot of hassles (security, though I understand and respect the precautions). I'd much rather just jump into a vehicle and drive!

We had a 3.5 hours lay-over in Minneapolis where I was very chilled and tired and, by the time we got on the plane to come home, I was a little past myself. My arm also hurt very badly and I didn't have the energy to deal very well with pain. I was a pretty miserable traveling companion for Kevin but he was, as usual, a trooper! Fortunately, I was able to sleep on the plane for a couple of hours and was feeling much better by the time we landed. By the time we got through security with all the aquarium fish, and then home (thanks, Uncle Kash, for picking us up and bringing us home), it was almost midnight (2:00 a.m. in Loisville).

Yes, Kevin brought home bags of live aquarium fish for his friends! He kept them alive in our B&B since Friday, packed them in a make-shift cooler in his suitcase, and then hoped for the best. Can you imagine how his suitcase would have been thrown around and tossed about during the trip?!! And who knows how long it might have sat in the cold somewhere, chilling the fish? Amazingly, though, the fish made it home alive, though their water seemed very cold!

I slept so good last night! I was very tired! I do remember waking up to pee in the night and being startled because my feet hit the floor much sooner than I had anticipated. Oh, yeah! I'm in my own bed and not in one I have to use a step stool to get into anymore! I also amost feel compelled to duck when going through doors in our house. I'd gotten used to 11 foot doors, I guess! And, this morning, when I came downstairs for breakfast, I had a sad moment when I realized that there wasn't a big bowl of chopped fruit, with fresh, whipped cream and granola waiting for me. *sigh* Yes, honey, we're home!

The photo is of, I think, a blooming cherry tree in Paduka, Kentucky!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!