Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Dog Tired

This card from Lynne says it all! This was me today except not as hairy and not as cute! Thanks for the card, Lynne and for your sense of humour!

I slept almost all afternoon and now, for the first time today, feel wide awake. I had plans for today but those went by the wayside. Once I was home from my treatment about all I accomplished was to slip in and out of consciousness to catch bits of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the National Dog Show. That was it. This must be the "fatigue" associated with radiation that they've been talking about. I hope it's not an every day thing.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Hey Slpurge girl.....good to hear you are moving through those radiation treatments with lightning speed. I prefer to think of them as Kilometers run than treatments received. So you are having a great run so far as much as I can tell. Tiring a bit maybe but that is to be expected....take a breather (walk break I call them) when you need it. You earned it. Anyway just wanted to check in and let you know I am thinking about you every day as you log those kms........breathe deeply and slowly and before you know it the race will be over!!!!!!!!!
    And you will get your medal!!!!!
    Talk soon......take care and enjoy that rider game on Sunday......I got a Dressler jersey for xmas early....he is my fave just wish he was playing........ Cheer hard!!!!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail!

    Did you say I'd get a medal??!! Nobody told me that! That changes everything. I am SO into working toward a medal. I can't wait to stand on the podium!

    Thanks for cheering me and the Riders on. I'm so excited about the game and am thoroughly enjoying the build-up to the game and seeing green EVERYWHERE! Of course, I don't have anything as fancy as a Dressler jersey (lucky girl), but I do have a Rider hoodie and am wearing it now so I can be a part of the sea of green.

    Love, Heather ... an everGREEN shrub

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!