Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

It's 5:00 Somewhere

No, this isn't what I had for breakfast ... even though it IS 5:00 somewhere.

Last night Kevin asked me if I'd like a martini before dinner. Normally I would say no, but this time I thought, "what the hell". Usually Kevin makes a vodka martini but while in Vancouver, Hannah had encouraged him to try a martini with this particular gin and Kevin liked it, so I picked up a bottle when I was at the liquor store last week. Personally, I probably wouldn't know the difference between a "good gin" and a "podunk gin" unless I tasted them side by side. Good stuff is probably wasted on me.
So, there I was last night sipping an exquisite gin martini before dinner ... laughing in the face of cancer treatment ... mwahahahahaha!

A martini and Survivor (man, you got it give it to Russell on tenacity). How decadent!

Today at 1:15 I meet with the radiation oncologist to finalize my radiation treatment plan. I'll finally know how long radiation will go on. At 3:15 I get my stitches out. Then I have a weekend to live the life of Riley ... Riley with puffy ankles, that is ... and then Monday it's time to buckle down and start checking off the days until radiation treatments are over. I should make a little advent-like calendar to mark the days. 'Tis the season.

Ankle Report ... same old ... thinnest when the sun comes up ... an hour later, not so thin. I anticipate considerably more ankle bloat by the end of the day.

Maybe I should drink more martinis. Susan and Ron might want to try that, too.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!