Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Very Prickly

Here is a close-up of one of the two Monkey Puzzle trees that stand outside the hotel we stayed at in Vancouver. I find them fascinating! I'd never seen one until we oved Hannah to Vancouver 5 years ago. While I was taking pictures an older gentleman stopped to tell me a bit about them. He told me that there's a mating pair on Vancouver Island that supply a lot of the world with seeds. They're native to some places in South America.

I didn't sleep so well last night because I was uncomfortable. No matter the position I tried, I ached on my side. I relocated to the couch at 4:30 in the morning and read for a while. It felt better to be propped up and I can't prop very well in our bedroom because we don't have a headboard on our bed. I think I want to get one of those. I was so tired, I did sleep and I just woke up a little while ago. Because the mole area overlaps the area that was already so sore, I can't tell which is hurting. I'll try tylenol if it bothers me tonight. I'm a reluctant user of pain killers unless I really understand the pain. I don't like masking pain if I think I need to be able to pay attention to it.

Generally, though, I think I feel not to badly today.

The ankle report ... MUCH thinner than last night. Almost normal. I'd be very excited except I'm quite sure it won't last.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!