Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Chemo - A New Adventure Every Day!

Great day. Not so great day. Even if this became the rhythm of life for the next 4 months, I would be glad. Then again, I don't think chemo has much rhythm and is not willing to be led.

Last night, just before heading up to bed, Kevin and I were laughing at the link I gave you to the Charlie the dog photo story. It's great. If you haven't looked at it, find the link in my "Pioneer Woman" post. I stretched and then kind of unconsciously rubbed my hand against my rib cage. YOUCH! Instant deep pain. Fortunately it only lasted about 5 minutes. It was a bit of a shocker considering I wasn't aware of even the teeniest possibility that my ribs could feel like that. And things just got stranger from there.

I woke up at about 1:30 a.m. and didn't get back to sleep until around 5:00. I felt itchy so I got up and had a soak in baking soda and lotioned up. My bones ached here and there. My scalp got a little prickly and the back of my neck ached. It felt like I had a bruise in one spot on the back of my head. I could feel it against my feather pillow. I had little muscle spasms from time to time ... tingles in my fingers and toes ... some nausea ... a very dry mouth ... just brushing the back of my leg against a stair hurt, too. Unsettling. This morning, unable to sleep even though I feel tired, I got up and while reading the paper, I experienced a sudden sharp pain on my upper thigh. A little, very itchy blister just emerged out of nowhere. I put a bandaid over it just to prevent myself from scratching at it because I don't think that would be a good idea.

Not a great start to my day. I hope it rains. That would be good for all growing things. It might be the day to curl up on the couch, turn on some tv and hope for sleep.

Don't you think it's strange that three days ago I had such tender and achy skin and tissues and that I could feel so good yesterday only to be bumped back into aches and pains today? Chemo. Not only can't he dance, he has no rhyme or reason. Good thing he has such good other skills or I'd have to consider negotiating a trade. That's acting like I'm the boss or something. Riiiiggghhht!

By the way. Don't worry. I'm not wallowing in self-pity or anything even remotely close to that. It's just annoying. I've prepared myself a little, I think, to expect a mix of goods and bad days.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!