Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Christmas Colours In October

So pretty, the snow in the mountain ash trees! Easy to talk about how pretty the snow is when your huddled warmly in your house! It is a visual distraction for the time being, it not being like "winter snow" because there's still a lot of green to be seen, too.

Yesterday was a very quiet day full of napping for me. I started to feel quite crappy in the evening. Uncomfortable, achie. I went to bed early hoping to just sleep it off and I mostly did. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and read for a while. I managed without a sleeping pill, which makes me glad.

For some reason, my left foot is particularly numb. My mouth started feeling gross yesterday. The taste is awful and the roof of my mouth was very pebbly. I used the "magic mouthwash", which really made a difference, though I wonder if it isn't what turns my tongue black because my tongue was black again last night and it's the only thing I can think of that relates to my previous black tongue experience. It hadn't occurred to me before because the the magic mouthwash is a pink colour, kind of like pepto-bismal, and it's really thick ... not liquidy.

Tomorrow, I start a half dose of my steroid. I've been wondering if it's the 10% reduction of the taxotere (the chemo drug) or the additional steroids (prednisone) that are responsible for my not suffering as much with side effects this time. Maybe it's both. Maybe the worst is yet to come. Last time, feeling so badly in the 3rd week after chemo really took me by surprise. We'll see what happens, I guess. At least it's the end ... NO MORE CHEMO!! Yahoo for that!!!

Mom cooked all day yesterday so on a snowy day the house was full of comforting cooking aromas! It was lovely and thanks, Mom, for the delicious meal on the table and the ones in the freezer.

I wish this was a "snow day" for everyone!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!