Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Deserve A Break Today

And I caught a break today!

My oncological nurse called after speaking with an oncologist and it's recommended that I stop taking the Arimidex while I'm having radiation treatments and we'll revisit Arimidex or some alternative in the New Year. I'm so relieved to get more than just a "wait and see" response. I'm to report back to them next Wednesday and let them know how I'm doing. I hope, by the, my bones and joints won't be giving me such grief!!

Mom stopped by just as I was walking out the door to my radiation treatment and look what she brought! Mom's Christmas Shortbread! It's the one thing I most associate with Christmas and it's completely irresistible to me! I can resist all other shortbreads but just one look at Mom's and I'm a goner. It's everything about them. The recipe, these particular cutters, Mom's particular way of decorating them. They define Christmas for me! Thanks, MOM!! Of course, you know these will never make it to Christmas and since I deserve a break today, I'm eating one (one? AS IF!) right now!!

Radiation Treatment Status: 13 done. 17 to go!

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been having a tough time while I was away .. I'm so glad your mum made you smile today. They're good at that, aren't they :) I'm so proud of you. I know how hard it is to fight the fight, especially when you're at your best. I'm thinking about you .. love, love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    Congrats- you are almost halfway through the treatments! You deserve at least a couple of those cookies :) I'm thinking about you...hope the aches and pains subside!!
    Take care,
    Dalene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,

    Thanks for stopping by. Soon we get our boys home and that's pretty exciting, isn't it. Soon all this cancer business will be over. Just in time to gain a little strength and then enjoy a trip to Kentucky. Hugs!

    Hey, Dalene. Good of you to pop by. I'm sorry to say I ate more than just a couple of those cookies. I couldn't help myself. It's Mom's shortbread after all!! I'm confident that soon ... soon ... soon ... I'll be able to move normally again. I can't wait!! Cheers to you and your fam!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!