Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Orange and Yellow - Happy Colours!

Radiation Treatment Status: 24 done. 6 to go!!

So far so good. The pain I felt two nights ago was a one shot deal so far. Maybe I just stretched my arm too much when I was changing out of my clothes. I wasn't so sore yesterday. Just tender. Luke drove me today. Thanks, Luke. He's back in bed now. Tomorrow's treatment is at 11:00.

Today was a more challenging treatment only in that they had to mark me up for next weeks "booster rads". Those start on Monday and the radiation beams are directed more precisely on the area where my tumour was. It took half an hour to get me marked up for that one while it only took 10 minutes to mark me up at the beginning of radiation. I had to keep my arms in the same position over my head for 45 minutes. I was soooo uncomfortable! My right arm, in fact, fell asleep. I was trying so hard not to squirm near the end. They had trouble getting me marked up properly this time but I didn't want to rush them. It's important to have everything lined up correctly. I don't want my heart and lungs getting any more radiation than they might already. I'm glad that's done. I now have blue and red felt pen markings all over the place with instructions to please not wash them off. They're in areas where scrubbing is out of the question so that shouldn't be a problem. I don't usually get the black marks off anymore either.

I'm sorry to say that my joints seem to be returning to their previous troublesome state. For the life of me, I can't figure out what was different in my life to give me that one such good day of joint relief! By the time I went to bed last night, I was in my sadly common state of shuffling and very slowly conquering the stairs. This morning I'm not much better and I was limping walking into the Champion Centre again. This is very disappointing and very baffling to me. I just don't understand it. I've had to get used to things not making sense during all of this, but it doesn't mean it's easy.

I'm so tired today. I might go back to sleep, too. I feel compelled to read the paper first, though.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!