Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Road Trip

Hannah and I had a great road trip! We stopped at Mom's in Kyle. Gary jumped in with us and we all went to the Lake. We went for a little walk and saw some of the new cabins going up. We saw Brent, Andrea and all their cutie kids at main beach and then we stopped and visited with Velma and Dale. Hannah had a swim and then we went to White Bar bar for dinner with Darrel and Lynn. The place was pretty hopping busy on a Saturday night. The food was good and plentiful and the service great. The place has such character. I wish I'd had my camera but Kevin took it to Regina with him. Hannah and I made a quick stop at the farm, following Darrel and Lynn through the coulee, which was a real treat. We stopped and watched deer in the coulee. A little walking tour of the farm, checking out kittens, playing with the the dogs, admiring the lentils, and the potential of the Saskatoon and chokecherry crops, and commenting generally on how green and tidy everything looks ... and then we were on the road back to Saskatoon. A quick visit but very nice. Great to get out of the city and great to see familiar and much loved places. And then I slept for almost 10 hours!

Hannah has just made us buckwheat pancakes with blueberries and bananas. With the beautifully fanned strawberry on the corner of the plate, it looks like we're in a fancy restaurant! If only I had my camera ...
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!