Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wasn't That a Tear Jerker?!

Are there any other "So You Think You Can Dance" fans out there? It's my favourite show year after year. I know Alexa watches it.

Tonight two of the dancers performed a dance for breast cancer and I don't think there was a dry eye anywhere. Even Nigel could hardly speak and I didn't think Mia Michaels would ever get a word out. Kevin and I were both weeping.

If you didn't catch it and you want to, I know they run repeats of the show during the week on Much Music.

It really was beautifully danced regardless of the theme, but the message of the dance was especially touching and effectively conveyed, I think.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan. The dancers (and choreographers) are nothing less than amazing.. . So talented. And yes besides the entaintainment value - so moving in some cases. I think I might have been a dancer in my previous life, or perhaps I just am living vicariously through these dancers. But I wish I could dance like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we're all dancers in our dreams, Laurel. I love to watch dancing and I would love to be able to dance like that ... all those styles ... it looks so FUN!!

    I try to every now around the house ... like when I decided to teach myself to "krump". My kids usually ask me to stop. I can't say I've mastered krumping ... well, to tell you the truth, I butcher krumping, but it doesn't mean a girl can't have a little fun with it and there's nothing quite like grossing your kids out, is there?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!