Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hey You! Get Back Into Your Bubble!

That's the message my body gave me loud and clear last night. I had such a great day with Mom, Jodi, Meghan and Dawson. I felt "normal" and we did "normal things". They left around 8:30 and I was really tired so I hit the couch and was pretty much a vegetable from then on, as Lynn can attest to because she stopped by and I hardly remember a word we said. She wisely went to the basement to visit Kevin instead while he was doing water changes.

At 1:00 a.m. I was soooooooo sick to my stomach. GROSS!! I made it the bathroom in time but holy yuck! I got a bucket after that and good thing I did because next time, at 5:30 a.m., I would never have made it. My poor stomach muscles have been on "cancer vacation" for a while now and they are certainly feeling the sudden action they were forced into. Then, to top it off, my other bodily holding tank felt the need to be completely purged as well. Suffice it to say, I was completely drained after that and only started feeling semi-alert half way through the Rider game (we won't talk about that, will we? Erin's bobble-head will be wearing his paperbag over his head by now). Only now do I feel well enough to type.

Being so sick after feeling so well was a real disappointment, especially today because we had fun plans! We were invited to the lake to watch the Rider game with Rex and Erin. It would have been such a good time and so nice to get out of the city before next Wednesday's chemo treatment. We were sad not to be able to go.

By now I'm feeling a little stronger all the time. I don't think it was the chemo and I don't think it was food-related. I think I picked up a flu of some kind, which is just a reminder to me that I have to be very careful and that I'm best off remaining in my little bubble world. Feeling "normal" doesn't mean I should be tripping about town. I must remember to stick close to home and avoid germs. Remind me of that next time I start feeling normal.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you had a bad time with a stomach bug. We were looking forward to you possibly coming up to the lake too.
    Your back yard must be beautiful - considering all the wonderful photos you have posted lately.
    Good luck for the rest of the week and the next round; wishing you continued strength and good spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laurel. I'm still miffed that I didn't get to come up to the lake. It would have been fun! I need fun! Neither I nor the Riders were fun on Saturday. Maybe next end of chemo I can try again.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!