Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Shopping? Me?

Aren't these roses from Don and Sylvia's garden beautiful?! Sylvia brought this bouquet. She knows the names of each rose and the particulars about them. They smell heavenly.

By the way, something I can do that none of you can do ... when putting on mascara, I can just shift my wig up high on my forehead so I don't get mascara in my bangs. It looks pretty funny, but very convenient. I try to make note of the benefits that come with being bald as a billiard ball.

I had a great day today! Carol dropped by at 11:00 prepared to give me another pedicure but my feet are still looking and feeling very good from last week's pedicure. So, since I was feeling so good, we did a little shopping along Broadway and met Leslie for lunch at Calories. It felt great to be out and about and we had a lot of laughs, which is the usual state of affairs when out with Carol. I won't type here what she said about her new Gladiator Sandals, but trust me, I laughed my face off!! It was such a spontaneously lovely day but, when you have cancer, spontaneous is the only way to be. It's not for everyone, you know.

We shopped at Sandbox in the City and at Hats and That, where I have a gift certificate from my pals at that awful law firm that I once dedicated my time and skills to, unfortunately. The only good thing I can say about having worked there, aside from personally enjoying the work itself, was meeting some wonderful and treasured people there. We always had so much fun together and I do miss them. Anyway, I found something I love at Hats and That and I'll post a photo of it soon, with many thanks to my pals at the awful law firm.

Sylvia took me on a little excursion shortly after that but I was pretty much toast by 3:30 and was fast asleep on the couch by 4:00. Napping is goooood.

My day, like that of so many others, was overshadowed by horrific news and our hearts go out to Jim Underhill's family.
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you bought at Hats & That! Glad you were able to find something.

    Rhonda (of the awful law firm)

    P.S. I sure do miss you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda (of the awful law firm)! I absolutely love this item I got at Hats and That with the gift certificate from the group of you. It will be so useful for me while I'm going through this and beyond. It's hard to take a photo when I'm all by myself but I'll try to post one soon.

    I miss the bunch of you there all the time. I really do. We'll plan some get-togethers eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!